Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Robbie Williams enters drugs rehab

Just a couple days ago, I was trashing Chris Martin and James Blunt. But today is not the case.

Robbie Williams went into rehab, to cure himself of dependancy of prescription drugs. He got clean on alcohol, they say, but anti-depressives became his new crutch.

"His career has been a huge success - winning several Brits, claiming the title of best-selling act of the 21st century so far and racking up an estimated £100 million fortune.

But that has done nothing to rid him of his depression, insecurity and self-loathing."


His lyrics so often portray people, and especially relationships with an apalling crudeness that, frankly, is what made me a fan. I'm not talking about "Angels" - as pretty as it is, it is not a "Robbie" song. Try "Sexed Up" for a "slow song". Or "Me and my monkey". It's a clear picture that all demons lie within.

I hope he can tame his demons. and keep expiating them on his lyrics. My demons like to come out to play with his songs. And while they are playing outside, they aren't tormenting me.

All the best, Robbie.

No comments: